no photo from this site should be altered or used for commercial purposes. please attribute to me if reproducing on your site. and kindly contact me for information on purchasing any photos. thank you. -lbl

About Me

My photo
lucky girl back from 8 1/2 years living in asia with my husband and three children, happily delighting in the visual treats offered me. I shoot film with a Nikon F4 (on longterm loan) and reliably for many years with an old Nikon N65 held together with rubber bands. Freshman year of college I finally got contact lenses. I was awed by how clear the stars looked during an astronomy lab. I have always been visual, but the ability to bring things into focus is such a delight. And when I capture that clarity on film I am so satisfied. It might be a piece or segment of something, the juxtaposition of textures or colors, or the atmosphere in a place that attracts me... but light is my obsession. I find film lends itself to revealing a real, complex, sometimes slightly flawed nature of things. I appreciate the depth and tangibility of film. I am back from Hong Kong where I was constantly exposed to an abundance of visual gifts; now delighting anew in the offerings of New England, New York or wherever I find myself noticing. ... see more on my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/film-fineartphotography/ and instagram: @threads.ofdistraction and @lbl_rkl

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

bunten farm, orford, nh

last summer i had the opportunity to visit this charming farm twice:  once in june when we picked up a friend who was working there, (an international student from south africa tagging on a few weeks of rigorous farm work after finishing a semester at the mountain school in vershire, vt); and the second at the very end of august when i found myself up in the area again.

this is a labor of love:  bunten farm is one of the only dairy farms with milking devons in the US.  these cows produce an extra rich milk that is perfect for creating especially delicious hand crafted cheeses which owner chris makes, as well as for ice cream, a passion of her husband bruce.  

chickens, a turkey and a dog welcome you




peeking into the kitchen where artisanal cheeses are made
bruce and chris took on the farm from her parents and are dedicated to perpetuating the success of this traditional farm, complete with a huge renowned pumpkin patch in the fall.
blue sky, red shingles,


resting tractor
cow's view

milking devons




 milk shed
awaiting guests























This work by lisa laible is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the Bunten Farm!! What an amazing place and interesting lifestyle.. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks james! so happy you got to have such a unique and positive experience...

      Delete